Jun 18 , 2020
On June 18, 2020, California governor Gavin Newsom issued a statewide mandatory order that requires all Californians to wear face masks and coverings during the coronavirus pandemic. Details are summarized as follows.
When to wear a mask:
- In a public space
- Visiting health-related offices
- Waiting for or riding public transportation, taxi, car service or ride-share
- when you're in a room where there are other people and you can't physically distance
- Outdoors in public space when social distancing isn't possible
Who is exempt from the mask rule?
- Children younger than 2
- People with a medical, mental health or development disability that precludes mask-wearing
- Hearing-impaired people
- People obtaining a service involving nose or face
- People eating or drinking in a restaurant and engaging in outdoor recreation, as long as they are able to socially distance from others